We love our camera club (the Stony Brook Camera Club). It is great in many ways:
Joan and I encourage you to find a camera club in your area and try it out.
- The people in the club are friendly and helpful.
- Beginner and intermediate classes are provided from time to time.
- We see great photographs and learn from them.
- We attend great slide and digital shows, enjoy them, and learn still more.
- The club sponsers field trips, some of which we attend and always enjoy.
- Slide Study nights allow us to get still more feedback on our work and on others' work.
- We enjoy competing, and learn from the competitions win or lose.
- Our club is open to digital photography and film photography; both are accepted and respected. Digital predominates.